Wednesday, November 23, 2011

We Are Grateful - Happy Thanksgiving

Dear Readers,


Just a quick update on my last post about the episode I had with freezing.   I'm sure now it was the drugs, so I've stopped taking the Gabapentin.  I'm sure that drug, combined with my Mirapex (which makes me sleepy) and with the Tramadol (which also makes me sleepy) I was just over drugged.  By noon on Saturday I was back to myself once again.     I believe the doctor prescribed that drug to help with the RLS problem, which is what the Mirapex also does, but wasn't quite doing the job any longer.   For now the Tramadol is helping with the RLS, so we'll leave things alone for now.


I'm so looking forward to dinner today.  We're invited to our daughter and son-in-law's house for Thanksgiving.   Our son-in-law loves cooking this special meal for his parents, his brother and girlfriend, and this year the girlfriend's parents, and, of course, Don and I.   He does a fantastic job, and this is his 12th year to treat us with this wonderful dinner.    We all bring a dish to help  out, but Ken does the basic meal along with special pies.  (Can't wait to see what pies he bakes this year - usually there are two kinds and sometimes three).   I always tell him that Kim's marrying him was better than marrying a doctor because he not only cooks, but keeps our computers in top shape too, and is so very good to our daughter and to us.


I'm very grateful for my wonderful family (especially Don who has been taking over with so much of the household duties and our wonderful daughter and son-in-law, and of course Mario.   I'm also very grateful to for our dear local friends and those wonderful friends I've met on Twitter and the blog world.  I am truly blessed.


Thank you dear readers for reading my blog and leaving your great comments.


Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.   I'm so blessed to have you in my life.


Mary



9 comments:

  1. Oh Mary
    We are the ones who are blessed to know you.
    Enjoy that wonderful meal your son makes and the time with your family!
    Have a safe and blessed holiday!

    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree with Abby. We're the blessed ones. Have a very Happy Thanksgiving and remember to bring Mario some turkey. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, you are the blessing in our lives. I am so glad we are friends.
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from @RealFakeGator. Mario gives *smooches*, I give *boofs* and maybe I'll start giving *slurps* (and handing out paper towels afterward).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Thanksgiving to you all! Sounds like a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little late getting over here, but happy Thanksgiving to you too. Thanks so much for your friendship on line.... I have really enjoyed it.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  7. Days like this balance out the the bad. I am so thankful I have gotten to know you and count you among my friends.

    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have certainly been a blessing in MY life and Admiral's and we both genuinely love you and Don and Mario. I can't even imagine life without you three in it. Seriously.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.