Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

Dear Friends,


WOW - another year over - where did it go.  When I retired 4 years ago, I wondered what I'd do with the rest of my life!!   I'm still wondering, but here I am just shuffling along each day.



When I started this blog in September, I had no idea what direction it would take.  ha ha - I still have no sense of direction, but am shuffling along with this too.  I do know that you, dear readers, are the ones who keep me going.   


I am so very thankful for each of you.


....You put up with me when I'm down.
....You provide encouraging words that pick me up again.
....You sympathize with me when I need it.
....You provide helpful, useful information in your comments and on Twitter.
....Your support is SO VERY APPRECIATED!


Thanks for "hanging" in there with me.


We celebrated New Year's Eve in typical fashion by going to a movie - "I Just Bought A Zoo" with friends, which is very good and worth seeing.  Then out for a sandwich, and home by 7:30 p.m.  Woohoo!    The New year's Eve pawty at  #nipclub on Twitter was great fun but I had to call it a night at 10:30.   I can remember when we were in our 30's we'd stay up all night and top the night off with breakfast.   Guess we've really slowed down over the years.  


Then of course today is FOOTBALL - GO PACKERS - GO BADGERS!!   It will be a happy day in Wisconsin if they both win!   Most of my friends in town know I don't especially care for football, but even I get excited when our state goes to the Rose Bowl and the Green Bay Packers might just get to the Super Bowl again this year.   My fingers are crossed, and Mario's paws are crossed.  We're hoping for a win-win for both.   


Our New Year wish for all of you is that you ...


...find a job if you are looking for one (so many are these days),
...have good health in 2012 - if you have good health, you have all the richness of life
...have enough $$ to keep you in food and shelter 
...have a warm roof over your head
...find happiness from within
...find a reason to laugh daily- for laughter is the best medicine of all and no side-effects except maybe a sore side!   (get it - splitting your sides from laughter!)


Happy New Year and love to each and every one of you.


Mary







9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year dear dear friend. Much love and good wishes for you, Don and Mario always..

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very happy New Year to you and Don! Many blessings to you both! You are so precious to me and I count my blessings to have met you! What a wonderland strong powerful positive message you have posted today. I bet you will find your blog readers are incredibly thankful for you! I know I am!
    Xoxoc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year! I know that Sebastian & I get back from you all those things you are thankful for getting from your readers. I am grateful for that! Also, I must be old before my time because I can't imagine staying up all night long!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a positive message. Mary you are an inspiration to us and to all who know and love you. You have a bad day and you push through. We should all learn to do that. You are a blessing in our lives.
    Happy New Year.
    Kathy, Annie and Meow_Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. TW and I love you and hope 2012 is the year the doctor gives you meds that actually work w/o side effects. TW used to stay out all night long also and then go to breakfast. She always went to see a band and has some fur-raising NYE stories. Last year was so bad, instead of saying Happy New Year, they said Good Riddence old year. I send Mario Smooches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year, Mary! It's been a pleasure getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you too. Wonderful blog post. It's okay to be shuffling along. As long as we're moving forward, it's all good. I hoping for a wonderful year for you...

    hugs, Lou

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration you ae to all of us Mary! Thanks for all the caring, sharing and love you show each of us!

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.