Saturday, August 23, 2014

A Helping Hand

Sunset over the Bay of Green Bay on Lake Michigan
Hi Friends,

Hopefully you all are having a great week.   I can't believe that it's almost the of August.   It seems the older I get, the faster time moves.  Some days it's over in a "wooooosh!"   

A couple of days ago I had two dentist appointments.  Yup  - you read it right - two.  I'm being fitted for partial plates (replacing teeth).   Tuesday morning my regular dentist played around with one of my plates, glued it back in my mouth with Fixident, and sent me on my way.   By 3:00, I was grinding my teeth and really irritating one side.   Well, to make a long story short, I called the dentist back and was able to get in again Tuesday afternoon.   More adjustments made, so I went on my merry way.

I decided to stop at Walgreens as I had a couple of coupons that were to expire. I loaded up on stuff, went thru the check out counter, and another passing customer in the next line said to me "Can I help you to your car with the packages?"    She could see I was loaded down and dealing with a cane.  Of course my car was right outside the door, so I didn't have far to walk.  But I decided to take her up on her offer.

Bless you Peggy Sue - you were a bright spot in my day.  I thanked her profusely and told her I'd write about her kindness in my blog (without names). Then she said, oh, you can use my name - it's Peggy Sue - and I don't mind if you publish my name.

So Thank You to Peggy Sue (reminds me of the song Peggy Sue, which has been going thru my head) for helping an old lady with her packages. What an angel you were.   Such a nice lady.   Goes to show us that kindness is not by any means dead yet. Sometimes you find it where you least expect it.

Hopefully your day has been blessed with an unexpected kind deed - or you have blessed someone elses day with a kind deed.

Until next time,

Mary



2 comments:

  1. It's so nice to do kind deeds, as well as to receive them, isn't it and I am sure your reaction made Peggy Sue's day, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peggy Sue was truly a blessing to you! Thank you for your visits to my blog! Our Miss Munchkin has already made out her list.:-) Take care! xo

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.