Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year 2015


Happy New Year Friends,

How can it possibly be 2015 already when it  seems like yesterday that we rolled over to 2001.  Yikes, that also means I'm 15 years older.    I remember my dad saying that he would never live to see 2000, but he did.   He did pass away the next summer, but he made it to 2000 in pretty good health too.

The picture above is a house on the street behind us.    It doesn't show up that well in a picture, but it was beautiful seeing it for real.     With all the lights in the trees, it really lit up our back yards.  It was great.   I'm happy I don't have to pay their light bill!

We had a wonderful Christmas with our daughter and son-in-law, and the weather cooperated so they could spend Christmas Eve with us after leaving work at 3:00.    It is always a worry with the weather.   One never knows if we'll have snow, sleet and freezing rain, or blue skies!     We lucked out this year with no moisture in the air.  

Winter has set in with a roar.  We've had snow for the past two days - a total of about 5 inches, with a layer of sleet mixed in.   Now the wind is out of Canada (as it is with a good share of the US) and our wind chill is like -35 for most of this next week.   I am very thankful for a nice warm house and will try to stay in it for much of the week except for a couple of appointments and maybe our water exercise class at the CP Center.

We hope you have a most wonderful, healthy, and happy 2015.

Until next time,

Mary

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm feeling much better today finally after being sick for 5 days. We have a very nice and busy Christmas but a very quiet New Year's Eve as My husband and I both get up at 5:00am to go to the barn.

    I love how the neighbours have decorated their house. So much work to setting up the display and then to have to take it down is a lot of work.

    We had snow and freezing rain today.

    Stay safe and warm.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you! I send wishes for good health and happiness in 2015! Be sure too stay safe and warm with this serious winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is very cold and windy here in Montreal tonight...and we had rain and ice, too. Tomorrow is supposed to get very cold and is supposed to be quite dangerous and I do need to go out, but I will take my time and be careful...thankfully I use public transportation. I love your blog, thanks so much for sharing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. Our weather just turned very cold last night. It's snowing like crazy this morning

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.