Wednesday, July 18, 2012

More...."This N That"

Beautiful Westeria Flowers
 at Dioditians Palace, Split Croatia
Taken on our cruise to Italy 2009

Dear Friends,

The most amazing thing happened yesterday and today - we had RAIN!!! We haven't had any rain since May, and the ground is so parched that you wonder if shrubs, trees, and plants will ever bounce back. We didn't get much - possibly 1/2 to 1 inch or so, but it was such a blessing to see. i felt like being a kid again and run outside, do a dance around a tree, and back in the house again. Of course, there is something wrong with this visual picture, because I can't run anymore! But it was fun to think about it. For all of June we would watch rain come close on radar, but then dry up before it ever reached us. The rain gods must have been watching over us today. he he


This was another week with another doctor's appointment - family doctor this time.  I do wish all doctor's would be as easy to talk to as this one.   He always listens to what you have to say.  If you have any suggestions, he'll listen.  Might not always agree with you, but he does listen.  And, he agreed that I could take more pain pills than what I've been taking.  I can take 2 Tramadol 3 times a day along with 2 Tylenol 3 times a day.  That is helping as I didn't hurt as much this past week. 

I'm not a candidate for back surgery nor do I want to go through back surgery.


Don has an appointment with the neurologist this week.   He's doing okay.  I think he has remained about the same and has not slipped any in the past year.  He's another year older and I can see where he has slowed down some.

I sure do hope the extreme heat and humidity go away for the remainder of this week. Green Bay never did see 100, but 99 is close enough for me! Parts of Wisconsin did see 100 tho and happened only about 45 miles away from us.  Too close for comfort!  It was miserable, and I'm tired of being cooped up in the house in the summer. I shouldn't complain because we are fortunate enough to have central air and many people don't have any air conditioning period. Even Mario was begging to go outside.  We don't let him out when it's this hot either so he had to dream about getting outside.!




Hope you all are having a good week.   Stay healthy and keep cool.   In 6 months we'll be complaining that there's too much snow and it's too cold.  The saying in Wisconsin is "If you don't like the weather, come back in a couple of hours - it will change!"!

Until next time,

Mary







10 comments:

  1. Glad to read that you've had some rain! It's pretty hot on the east coast too! {{coonhound hugs}}!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love seeing Mario dreaming there! What a fun illustration of your words. The top picture is great. I hope you will post many more.

    Thank goodness for rain. We are still having it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for rain!
    We were in drought conditions until we had two tropical depressions roll over us.
    Since Debby we've been hit or miss with rain. Had some yesterday thankfully.
    Husband has appt with new neurologist at Mayo next month.
    He, like D, is slowing down too.
    ((hugs))
    Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessed, blessed rain. We all need some! I am sorry you can't run any more, neither can I. I know, some doctors are good and some are not so good. Speaking from experience. LOL

    Have a good day Mary. Perhaps tomorrow you and I can run in a marathon together. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand how depressing it is to watch your garden die without "Mother Nature's gift to mankind RAIN". Last year our 10 year drought finally broke and I'm loving that I can complain about having to pull up weeds in my garden again. Yes - they even died!

    I'm so pleased you are allowed to take more pain killers and that they are helping. xxx's with love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you got some rain and that picture of wisterias is great. We know the feeling of being cooped up inside with the ac! Luckily today we are having a break in monsoon, its a little cooler and the steamy humidity the rains bring is gone for today. We are spending time on the catio while its tolerable! Of course any temperature is fine for Pandy, fur suit, what fur suit? Just let me out!!!

    Thank you for sharing and I hope you have a lovely summer with more rain and less heat.
    `Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. It hit 100 here today and then we had severe thunderstorms. I'll try to send the rain back out toward you. Maybe this time GB will get some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've finally got rain (the last week) after many many weeks of hot hot and HOT. Such a welcome relief. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I'd known you needed rain it hasn't stopped here since April I could have sent you some of ours. Wish the world would sort out the weather so we all get enough heat and enough rain! Hope all goes well with the neurologist and other doctors. HUGS HUGS HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful picture! I so want to live there...(and since I am a Princess, the whole palace thing would work!)
    I'm so happy you guys finaly got some rain and that your pain levels have gone down. Hopefully, this heat will break soon and you and Mario can enjoy a cool evening outside! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.