Friday, October 18, 2013

Good Intentions Just Isn't Enough Sometimes


Hi Friends,

Well, when I wrote two weeks ago I had good intentions of writing at least once a week.   Already I have fallen off the wagon and it's only been 2 weeks. Good intentions just isn't enough! 

Fall is at it's peak around here.  I was out a couple of evenings trying to get pictures of our trees around the neighborhood, but unforunately all of the treets have buildings in the view and I have no way of blurring the background.   At least this wasn't taken on a busy street like some were that I took.  

I got a new Nikon point and shoot camera and I'm having fun taking pictures. This one has a anti-shake feature that has worked beautifully for me especially and quite well for Don.    Prior to this camera, every other picture taken by me was blurry.   Now I only get a blurry picture now and then.

After taking several weeks off from my Water walking program at the CP Center, I finally got my bones over there and walked for 20 minutes.   I know that doesn't sound very long, but I know from previous experience that I can't over do in the water.  You really pay for it.   Next time I'll increase the time to 25 minutes, and then 30, and.......  I hope to get there next Monday and then on a regular basis once again.   

We are so fortunate to have the CP Center right in our city.  They have two large pools that have warm water for their clients to help keep their limbs limber!   When the pool isn't in use by their clients, they schedule classes for adults daily.   They have an amazing program for all levels of activity.   My plan is to get on a schedule of twice a week - perhaps Mondays and Thursdays.   

I was out trying to take pictures for a bit this afternoon, but was not successful.   Will try again maybe Sunday afternoon.   What stage is your fall color at?   It's such a beautiful time of year!  Wish we could hang on to these falls days and skip winter!  ha ha

Until next time,

Thanks for visiting.

Mary

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful pic! Our trees still haven't turned. Lately, our trees have been going from green to bare. This year we have a little red.
    That walking program sounds fabulous! You looked so good in Pumpkin's photos. I'm happy things seem to be getting better for you. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tree is so beautiful. Fall is finished here in the high country, but just reaching it's peak in town. There's a lot more colors than there used to be. I guess people are starting to plant more varieties of trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely photo! Only some of the trees in our area have started to change colors. Though it feels like fall, it doesn't quite look like it yet. I'm glad that you've been water walking. I've heard wonderful things about it, and hope that you benefit from it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful color of foliage. Here in Miami if you really look, our greens turn different shades of green, maybe yellow. I'll start looking and post pictures of our Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are almost done and have snow here and there. Thanks for stopping by my blog, it is nice to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I am so sorry I lost your blog for awhile. Beautiful fall color in the photo. I thought I could get some pics but the trees here are not pretty. The leaves are just dying and falling off so many of the trees.
    I am following you again. I hope this time it sticks, LOL

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.