Sunday, February 8, 2015

Time Flies - Stop The Clock


Hi Friends,

Sorry I've been missing for over a month - one whole month!   Wish I could say it was because we were on some fabulous trip or we've moved to a warmer climate.  Truth be told - it was none of those things.   I just wasn't in the mood to write anything and had nothing of interest to say!   A dear friend tells me I won't have any readers left or grow any if I don't write more frequently.   She is right---I know that--- but still didn't do anything about it.

Presently I'm thinking about our friends out East and West.   Horrible weather is and has been happening in both places.    I can't even imagine dealing with the amount of snow that the East Coast has had.   Then there is all the rain, flooding, mud slides, etc., on the West Coast.   Our hearts really go out to anyone living in those areas.   Since Mario has an active Twitter account and is friends with lots of dogs and cats all over the world actually, several are located in the parts of the US that are getting extreme weather.   We always worry about them and feel better when we'be had a tweet from someone indicating they are okay.

I did spend some of that time playing around with various programs on the internet that help you create pictures or fancy them up.   That has been fun and I've learned a lot.   The header at the top of the page was originally created by me and then run through one of those programs to give it a little character.    One can spend hours doing that type of thing.

Our winter has been mild this year.   Yes, we've had a few days where the temperatures were below 0, but on a whole they have been in the teens and 20's.   We are lacking in snow this year, which will not be a good thing for the farmers our gardeners.  I have loved having a winter without  much snow, but I know it is needed.   After last year's extreme weather, we are not complaining about what we have this year.

I hope all is well with you and your families.   I am going to try to post something more frequently now.   Yes, I have said that before and then not followed through.   But I'm going to try hard.

Now that I've bent your ear with a page full of nothing, I'll say "until next time."

Mary



10 comments:

  1. I agree with your friend that if you want to keep your followers commenting on your blog that you have to post and comment on their post .

    I don't post often but I try to comment on my followers blogs when they post and most of them always reciprocate. I love visiting and getting visit from my followers. The nice thing about it is that I can do it when I have a few spare minutes now and then.

    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I too feel that time is flying fast these days. Good to know that you had good time in your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your winter hasn't been too harsh. We've been pretty fortunate here too. The big snows have been north of us, and though it's been bitter cold at times, it always warms up again! :) I can identify with not posting as often. With my back surgery behind me, now maybe I can focus again. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you had a good time on your trip, and it is so nice to see a post from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate to just not wanting to post. I've gone through that before. I've lost several readers as well but have about a dozen faithful readers who stick by my no matter what.
    Playing in those editing programs can be very addicting and fun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although the weathermen keep warning us about massive snowstorms, most of them have passed us by. It has been a very doable winter so far.

    We all start out writing posts on a regular basis, but that is very hard to keep up over time. I, like many, only write once or twice a month and that works out for me very well. I enjoy reading everyone's blogs and would hate to give up the fun and friendships I have gotten over my few years in Blogland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary I know the feeling of somehow not being able to blog. I am in that state now, partly because I am still catching up on posts from Japan but also because I have other stuff going on which takes up so much of my time. At the end of it my mind is a blank! See you soon, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary I know the feeling of somehow not being able to blog. I am in that state now, partly because I am still catching up on posts from Japan but also because I have other stuff going on which takes up so much of my time. At the end of it my mind is a blank! See you soon, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that time flies clock. I wish I could do those things. The Valentine I did was pre-made, I only had to put Katie in it. I enjoyed this blog, Had plenty to interest me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! I wish we had a mild winter but we’ve had the coldest February on record although it haven’t had as much snow as some. I hope you’re back feels better. You did a great job on that header pic.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.