Tuesday, March 3, 2015

It Could Be Worse

Hi Friends,

It seems I'm becoming a once-a-month poster!     I had good intentions a month ago, but good intentions don't go far if you don't put forth the effort.   Maybe I'll be better between now and the next post.  (ha ha - we can hope anyway).

Have you ever had to give yourself a good "talking to" about something?   I had to do that today after sitting here feeling sorry for myself.

On Friday I have to have a small, recurring cyst removed.   It should be a simple, routine surgery and one that won't be very invasive.   But I'm a little apprehensive about the surgery as I have never had surgery before other than on a bone spur on my foot years ago.  

I had to remind myself that our daughter has had two hips and two knees replaced before the age of 40 due to Rheumetoid Arthritis, and Mr. D has had open heart surgery and half of his stomach removed due to ulcers.    What on earth am I complaining about or worried about!  Having a cyst removed should be a "piece of cake."   

I'm now feeling better about the situation and will stop thinking about it.   Why do we do these things to ourselves?

March came in like a lamb.  Does that mean it will go out like a lion?   Probably in Wisconsin anyway.   We got about 3 inches of snow today, making a total of maybe 15 inches for the winter.   So it will be interesting to see what the Ides of March brings.  

Mary

6 comments:

  1. Don't worry, they will numb you up and you will not feel a thing. According to DNA, I am 94% Irish, have fair skin, green eyes, and suffer from the sins of my youth. The dermatologist has put a daughter through college from the money she has earned removing different parts of my skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mary, I have indeed given myself a good talking to from time to time. It is good; but please don't be too hard on yourself. I am so glad to see a post from you, and your header is so beautiful! :) Sending you a warm hug.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll wonder what all the fuss was for when they are done. Now I am worse than you. So don't feel badly. I can worry about a hangnail if I let myself. xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to have a talk with myself all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have has so many surgeries that my body looks like a road map. I never felt a thing except maybe a bit of discomfort after but nothing to complain about so I'm sure you do just fine.

    Spring is coming and maybe you'll find some reason to blog more.

    Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I do not spin but my daughter does. All I do is buy some hooking wool by the yard and skirts at thrift shops. I wash them and cut them up in narrow strips with my wool cutter machine and I hook rugs with it. I sometime have to dye wool to get the color I want. I started hooking a portrait of my grandfather when he was a young man in the army.

    Take care and stay safe.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your visit and comment on my blog, Mary. Sending along calming thoughts to you as you have that cyst removed. I love that header! Sending hugs your way! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is greatly appreciated and always read. Comment Moderation has been set after a few days of publishing to cut down on spam. I do check for them and will publish as comments are valued.